At the interface between science and society - the "Science-Society-Interface" (SSI) - we have combined the classic fields of work of knowledge and technology transfer (KTT) and press and public relations (PR) as well as internal communications in one team. We work topic-centered and across divisional boundaries to evaluate, create and share content with all relevant stakeholders. We support scientists in their direct exchange with societal players and help to identify suitable contacts and measures.
Because we are convinced that an open dialogue enriches science, we promote a culture of exchange within and outside the Institute. We want our research knowledge to have an impact in the scientific community and society alike and thus contribute to making the world a little more sustainable.
The Communications and > Knowledge Transfer team coordinates and implements e.g.:
- the IGB website and social media channels > follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Xing or LinkedIn.
- the press and media work
- newsletter for internal and external target groups > subscribe
- publications such as the IGB Annual Research Report and educational materials
- the IGB-own publication series IGB Outlines, which provides research knowledge for politics and society
- interactive exchange formats such as the Lake Dialogues on societal relevant topics
- the IGB Academy workshop series, in which research knowledge is put into practice
- public events and exhibitions
- cooperation with blogs and information platforms such as Wanderfisch, aquakulturinfo and querFELDein
- formats of scientific policy advice
- cooperation between research and industry
In order to find novel ways of collaborative knowledge production, we are testing transdisciplinary approaches with new partners, for example from the realm of art and culture. In this way, new research questions are to be jointly identified and innovative approaches developed. In order to support our researchers in their exchange with politics, public authorities, business, associations and the media, we regularly offer internal training courses on stakeholder dialogues, political consulting, R&D cooperation and IP management as well as on general science communication.
Current news and activities are bundled in our > Newsroom.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Please feel free to > contact us.