Gregorio Alejandro López Moreira Mazacotte
- Bayesian inference
- Numerical methods
- Ecological modelling
- Ecohydrological modelling
- From October 2015 to January 2019: PhD in River Science within the "Science for MAnagement of Rivers and their Tidal systems" Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate (SMART EMJD). Dissertation: "Ecological Modelling of Lake Ecosystems: Integrating hydro-thermodynamics and biogeochemistry in a reduced complexity framework"
- Primary University: University of Trento (UniTrento, Trento, Italy)
- Secondary University: Freie Universität Berlin (Berlin, Germany)
- Associate Partner: Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB, Neuglobsow, Germany)
- From 2006 to 2014: Engineering degrees in Environmental Engineering and Industrial Engineering. Department of Civil, Industrial and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, "Nuestra Señora de la Asunción" Catholic University (UCNSA, Asunción, Paraguay).
- From 2011 to 2013: Technical degree in Computer Applications Programming. Department of Systems Analysis, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, UCNSA (Asunción, Paraguay).
- From April 2022: Postdoctoral researcher in ecohydrological modelling within the Urban Water Interfaces DFG Research Training Group (UWI) at the IGB.
- From January 2022 to May 2022: Guest scientist at the IGB.
- From September 2020 to December 2021: Principal Investigator for the joint UniTrento-UCNSA project to develop an integrated monitoring and modelling system for Ypacaraí Lake (Paraguay), co-funded by the National Council of National and Technology of Paraguay (CONACYT) and the UCNSA.
- From 6 May 2019 to 31 December 2021: Postdoctoral researcher in ecological modelling within the CLIMSHIFT project at the IGB.
- From 1 December to 5 May 2019: Research fellow, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering of the UniTrento.
- From August 2016 to May 2019: Guest doctoral researcher at the IGB.
- From October 2015 to January 2019: Doctoral researcher within the GIAMT (Group of Environmental Hydraulics and Morphodynamics Trento) research group of the Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, UniTrento.
- From 2011 to 2015: Junior Researcher within the Unit of Hydro-Environmental Studies of the Centre for Appropriate Technology (CTA), Faculty of Sciences and Technology, UCNSA.
Fellowships and Awards
- 2020: Research grant awarded by the National Council of Science and Technology of Paraguay (CONACYT) for the proposal to develop an integrated monitoring and modelling system for Ypacaraí Lake.
- 2015: National Youth Award in Science and Technology (National Youth Secretariat of Paraguay).
- 2015: Erasmus Mundus Fellowship for the SMART Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate programme (EACEA, European Commission).